Non-load test is very important for a bucket elevator. It ensures the smooth operation of the bucket elevator. Here is the list of things to be take note of when conducting the test.
- Check the running condition of the bucket, chain and sprocket.
– The moving parts should not collide with the other fixed parts of the bucket elevator machine.
– The double chains should run consistently.
- Check the temperature of oil at all bearings. The oil temperature after two-hours running should be less than 65 ͦ C.
- Inspect the following items of driving device frequently.
– Does the reduction gearbox has any abnormal sound?
– Does the reduction gearbox has oil leakage?
– Does the coupling installed correctly?
– Does the electrical control system is normal?
– Does the no-load power is less than 35% of the rated power?
– Does the backstop device has the same operation direction as that of motor?
- Check whether all fasteners are loosen or not. When shutting down bucket elevator equipment, examine the fastening between the buckets and links.
- Conduct a 16 hour load test after the non-load test is completed.
For more information, feel free to contact us at www.pkbucketelevator.com