In order to properly maintain a bucket elevator, it is recommended to establish a preventive maintenance plan that includes regular maintenance of the bucket elevator. Usually, the bucket elevator should be inspected at least once a month, depending on how often you use the elevator. Therefore, here comes a list of step-by-step checklist for a better overall inspection, just to ensure you do not miss out any of it!
- Check for broken, bent or missing buckets.
- Retighten or replace any faulty bolts that hold the buckets to the belt or chain.
- Examine the belt or chain of the bucket elevator machine to ensure it is at proper alignment, tension and good physical condition.
- Inspect the throat plate and adjust it if necessary.
- Look for wears or tears on the head and boot pulleys.
- Remove dirt inside the boot area and around the elevator and driving equipment.
- Check all bearings and components of the bucket elevator equipment and lubricate them often.
For more information, feel free to contact us at www.pkbucketelevator.com